- Alumna makes a world of difference (8/3/2017)
- A rose blossoms in Israel (8/11/2017)
- Transforming the world, one friendship at a time (8/19/2017)
- Silent No More: Kubly Works to Lift the Stigma of Depression (11/17/2017)
- New Food Science Program Bears First Fruit (6/5/2018)
- Consider three fresh strategies for giving without affecting your cash flow (6/5/2018)
- As mentor relationship matures, the learning goes both ways (7/3/2018)
- Sisters come together to create the Luxem legacy (11/16/2018)
- Downtown Designers: Mount Mary’s alumnae set the vision for the city’s newest spaces (11/16/2018)
- Giving Thanks to the Keeper of the Bell (4/10/2019)
- From calling to career (4/10/2019)
- Art Show Volunteers Celebrate Milestone Year (11/28/2019)
Alumna makes a world of difference
Follow along as we trace the story of Pat DeGroot, ’64, across three continents
Posted on August 3, 2017
How will I make a difference? The question that challenges all young Mount Mary students, and it follows us through our lives as we grow, engage and shape our personal legacies.
Armed with an education and a mission, one woman has lived a life grounded in faith and service. Her story spans the globe, from Israel to Uganda before circling back to Green Bay, Wis.
For the past three months, Pat DeGroot, ’64, and her husband, Jim Crumley, have lived and worked in Israel. This month, she will spend her weekends in August visiting parishes throughout the Diocese of Green Bay, raising money for girls’ education in Uganda.
When Pat stops to think about the fact that she’s been retired for 10 years, she has a laugh.
“When was there ever time to work?” she muses. “There’s so much work yet to be done.”
Over the next few days we will tell the story of this alumna’s commitment to transform the world, and the unstoppable spirit that connects us all.
“Our mission at Mount Mary is huge, it is to educate women to transform the world,” says Wendy Weaver, dean for academic affairs.
“Women like Pat make our impossible mission possible.”
See the most recent posts: